General Character Information [Edit: 06/07/12] | World Destiny
Welcome to Kingdom Hearts: World Destiny! We are an AU Kingdom Hearts RP with no word count. World Destiny's story takes place post Dream Drop Distance, at which point we make considerable steps in our own story direction. Feel free to check out the Plot link to find out more!
All guests are welcome to drop in and say hi!
Nightfall: Chapter 2
Two years after the events of Dream Drop Distance, the Darkness became so great that it swallowed the worlds, locking them away within its merciless abyss.
Twilight Town, now covered in eternal night, stands as one of last Sanctuaries of Light. It is where players begin their journey.
Ever resourceful, the Moogles have created a safe place for refugees. They have charged the Denizens of Light with finding Castle Oblivion: it holds a key to the puzzle of the lost worlds.
But within the dark shadows of the sanctuary world a powerful dark force still looms, waiting to strike. Each survivor must choose whether to go to Castle Oblivion or stay behind to protect the world from the dragon that lurks in the shadows.
You many only have 4/four characters initially. It may be any combination of canon/original characters. Probationary rule: After you have achieved a post count of 300, you may apply for another character. The benchmarks are as follows:
• 300 • 600 • 900 • 1200
..for a maximum of eight unlockable character slots.
Beyond the initial four, keep in mind that this limit is entirely subject to moderator's ruling, and will be determined on a case-by-case basis. If it is deemed you may not be able to handle more characters when you have the post count for it, we will contact you with that concern when you apply. You may also contact us to ask about it. This rule is also an experiment and will last for two months. If it is found to work well, it will stay. Any characters you apply for in that time and get approved, if the rule is removed, will not be taken away from you unless there is a good reason for us to do so.
You may make as many canon characters as you are permitted, with the following limitations:
New 6/7, 2012:- You may only have 1 of eachOrganization XIII and Dark XII character, but you cannot play your heartless/nobody counterpart or those with significant relations. For example, Whoever play Saix cannot play Isa or Lea (they were old buddies sooo nu).
- They cannot be intended to interact with each other, unless they are going to always be together in every post and canonically are a coherent team -- enough that it can be argued that they could potentially take up one character slot. (Pain/Panic, Shenzi/Benzi/Ed, Flora/Fauna/Merriweather, The Gullwings, The Fates.) This is to prevent taking both, say, Hook and Wendy.
-All Canon Characters MUST have a character journal in Plot Central. This is for future roleplayers of that character. If it comes to that, we can still retain a sense of continuity with the character in question.
If circumstances shift to where they will need to interact anyway, and you did not intend this, just carry on without being out of character. It does happen.
New 8/12, 2011: - Canons must have at least one post per month, unless a reason for lack of posting is brought forth. Should the character fall inactive it will be reopened for public claim.
We only count characters from KH1, Chain of Memories, 358/2 Days, and KH2. Due to ever-changing canon, it is easiest to keep track of what we know from these games. So, apologies, but no Birth by sleep. (Example: Heartless are redefined in every other game released thus far.)
New: 11/3, 2011:- For the most FAQ, why can't we have BBS characters? The MAJORITY of the main characters and even supporting characters such as: Aqua, Ventus, Terra, Master Xehanort, Master Eraqus, Vanitas, and Diz aka Ansem the Wise, have been fixed in the BBS' plot for they cannot have a 'presence' in the other KH games that occur afterwards. (You can also call it tying up loose ends for making a prolouge later compared to everything else.) Due to their own personal circumstances that occur in the games, they aren't playable. Those who play the game...should know; those who haven't either look at kh wikia or take our words for it.
Any new Final Fantasy game/movie/anime characters cannot be applied for until at least one month has passed since the release. This is to give others a little more chance to play through/watch it, and to therefore avoid spoilers and ensure that at least one of the moderators is familiar enough with the canon to judge the profile.
New 8/19, 2011: Before applying for any Final Fantasy canon, one must research characters in your canon's history that are played by somebody else on World Destiny. For example:
If you wish to take Tifa Lockhart as your own character, you must check in with the roleplayers of Cloud Strife, Squall Leonhart, Yuffie Kisaragi, Cid Highwind, Aerith Gainsborough, or any character she knows who is currently being roleplayed. See the Canon Character list if you are unsure.
Why is this? Due to the fact that many Final Fantasy characters appear in multiple games - Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts - there is an option of rewriting your canon's history to fit with the Kingdom Hearts universe. To ensure that all histories in character applications are congruent, one would need to check with previously made histories to make sure their canon's will make sense with what has already been written. Another example:
1) Say you wish to take Lulu, from Final Fantasy X. You include Tidus, who also appears in both Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts, in her history. 2) You do a quick check on how Tidus is played on World Destiny. You find the current roleplayer of Tidus, however, has him as a boy who grew up on Destiny Islands. 3) To remedy this, you would exclude Tidus from your history, or replace him with a made-up character.
On World Destiny, Kingdom Hearts histories have priority, as will the decision of the roleplayer before you. If you need assistance fitting your character in, ask a staff member - or choose an easier canon. ;]
Checking a character's Journal, reading it's Final Profile, or PMing the roleplayer of the character in question are all good ways to make sure your canon's history doesn't clash with another's.
Tl;dr version: Some histories for Final Fantasy characters are sometimes altered by their owners to fit with Kingdom Hearts canon information. To ensure that the histories run congruently, without any clashing of information between characters, the new rule states that in the making of a canon, a thorough background check should be undertaken to make sure your history makes sense with the histories of related canons that have been registered previously on World Destiny.
- There is currently a limitation on who can play wielders. They are given out as either in-game events by moderation staff, or won through contests.
- There are no true requirements for a keyblade, so please don't PM me asking what you must do. Just role play as a regular member and if you get picked, you get picked. Canonically, the Keyblades choose those who are strong of will and hearts, so those who falter are less likely to get them.
- You may only have one/1 keyblade wielder, unless you are told otherwise.
- In order to prove to me that you're character is worthy of wielding a keyblade, you must show me that you're literate with RP'ing and you'll be an active member.
- Please do not PM a staff member asking for a keyblade, we will not answer.
- Please do not ask to be a dual wielder, we will choose you if we feel you are ready.
Original Characters (OCs)
- All members may have OCs. OCs are characters that don't currently exist in any Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy or Disney. These characters must be completely made up by you and not by anyone else or any other animes/tv shows/other video games.
- You may not create characters from any other video game/anime/t.v. show/movie/manga/comic etc. Also, you may not create a character based on any of the 'illegal' characters. This rule is to create less chaos around the forum with worlds and over powerful characters.
For example: You may not create any characters from Naruto or Captain Olamar from Pikmin or any character that has the same powers/look/history/personality/etc. as any of the mentioned characters.
Please do not make original characters that are intended to interact with other original characters you also play. While it will not remain specifically against the rules, unless they have the reason to take up one character slot, it promotes self-interaction and cuts others out of your writing. This can alienate other players. Example would be: - character 1 was created stating character 2 is character 1's sister and mortal enemy. This is fine. - I then create character 2 and play her myself. This ensures I've forced myself to end up centering at least some conversations and interactions around characters I myself own and play, and therefore myself. It automatically cuts out others from either asking to play character 2 themselves, and allowing themselves into my own story, and it also means that others will be just secondary roles any time they interact with me.
- These include characters from Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy and Disney which are not listed in the Canon Characters list.
- You may create any character from Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy or Disney that are not listed.
As an added note, due to the expanded amount of characters available, there will not be enough room in your signature to add a link to all of them. As a workaround, just make a page or thread that has collected links to your character profiles, and link to this if you run out of room.